And just like that it’s April. The first quarter is behind us, we’re well into the groove of 2018, and its smooth sailing, right? If your brand maintains a presence on social media (which it should) this couldn’t be further from the truth. In the past 90 days alone, we’ve been hit with so many changes to the social media platforms we rely on, it’s hard to keep up.
Don’t fret, we’re here to help. Here’s our take on five of the biggest social media shakeups. And to help you understand the changes, controversy and implications for your content strategy, we’ve created a handy download where we dive into each in greater detail. Get your copy here: Social Shakeups 2018
- #DeleteFacebook – It’s everywhere; there’s no way you’ve missed it, but what does it mean for you? Should you follow Elon Musk and delete personal and brand pages?
- Snapchat Redesign – With all the recent Facebook chatter, it seems like ages ago that Snapchat rolled out their widely-contested redesign, but it is still making headlines.
- Instagram Story Screenshots – Instagram began testing screenshot alerts for Stories in early March and while consumers are conflicted, influencers and brands are getting more insight into the content that resonates with their users.
- Vero, the Three Year Overnight Success – Not familiar with Vero? Ask your teenager. It is chronological, ad-free and going viral.
- Twitter Bookmarks – Finally a way to save, revisit and share, ultimately extending the life cycle of your tweets. Twitter is simultaneously changing policies regarding tweeting the same content multiple times, so the bookmarking tool feels like a small victory as we navigate the policy changes.
Still have questions about the Social Shakeups ? Our team can help you navigate your brand’s content strategy through today’s tumultuous digital waters. The one constant we can predict is that change is ahead.