Double Forte Takes Eau Claire for Farm Technology Days 2021
What do you get when you bring 52,000 people, 10,000 Big Rygg Sandwiches, 520 exhibitors, 300+ tractors, hundreds of farm animals, a few dozen hay balls, and 7 Double Forte Team Members together?
A 3-day show– Farm Technology Days– that shattered expectations.
For those who are unfamiliar, Farm Technology Days is the largest agricultural show in Wisconsin. This year’s show marked its 66th appearance in Wisconsin, uniting over 52,000 people and showcasing over 700 vendors in the agricultural community. From John Deere tractors, to pulled pork sandwiches, to fluffy cows, to performances from the runner-up of The Voice, Chris Kroeze, the show had it all!
Why were seven Double Forte team members there, you ask? For several reasons:
- To support our client Silver Spring Foods, a subsidiary of Huntsinger Farms, the host of this year’s event. The year leading up to the event, we developed press materials and collateral to promote the show, amongst many other things. We could not not be there!
- To staff the media trailer and guide the media in the right direction. After all, the show covered 80 acres of land! Thanks to golf carts and gators, we could easily get media from point A to B while navigating a crowd of enthusiastic attendees.
- To show Eau Claire the power of our agency. Eau Claire is home to hundreds of small and large businesses in industries from all across the board. We see endless opportunities to make a difference in the community.
What made this event so special was that it was supposed to take place in 2020, but due to Covid-19, it was postponed for the first time in 65 years. Typically, hosts secure the show they are hosting years in advance, but it just so happened to be that the 2021 slot was open. So Huntsinger Farms diverted and took it upon themselves to make this year’s event the best one yet!
And with the help of our team, that’s exactly what happened!
In terms of publicity, the Double Forte team killed it! In just three days we:
- Hosted 40+ media contacts
- Coordinated 15+ interviews
- Secured placement in 50+ digital and broadcast media outlets
Other highlights included:
- Meeting Alice in Dairyland and escorting her around
- Inviting the Governor, Tony Evers, and the secretary and CEO of WEDC, Wisconsin’s lead economic development organization, Missy Hughes, to meet the Rygg family
- Creating a VIP experience for top-tier influencer Lindsay Moser with The Hunger Diaries
- Watching 10,000 Big Rygg Burgers (beef patty, pulled pork, and bacon slathered between a toasted bun topped with Silver Spring Foods horseradish) be made for attendees to enjoy.
As you can see we really hit this one out of the ballpark! Read more about the success of the event here.
By Rebecca Zimmermann