Happy New Year! Did you make any resolutions?
Yes, we know the statistics that 80 percent of resolutions made on January 1 are abandoned by February and that only 8 percent of people actually achieve what they set out to do at the start of the year. But we are undaunted. Why? Because the resolutions we’re making this year aren’t just nice to-dos, like losing those last 5 pounds. They are must-dos. We work in a rapidly evolving industry. And if we are going to remain relevant (hell yeah, we are) and continue to deliver pertinent, actionable and insightful counsel to our clients, we don’t have a choice. So with that, here are our 6 resolutions for 2019.
- Take a class. We believe nothing is more important for the modern worker and manager than to never stop learning. We have to constantly be investigating, learning and applying different ways people connect and relate in order to be valuable to our clients. Whether you take a class related to your work, or a class related to a hobby, it will expand your knowledge base.
- Read at least4 business books. Related to number one, reading books helps you generate new ideas, different points of view, and exposes you to a range of experiences you may not otherwise encounter.
- Attend a conference. Get out of the office and meet people. We may spend 90 percent of our time in front of a screen, but we’re connecting with people on the other side of their screens. You’ve got to get out and meet those people in order to maintain an electronic connection. And, see number one.
- Launch a new product or service. At Double Forte, we love to try new things. And often when we do, it leads us to new and useful services we can provide our clients. One year it was our influencer network, Tempo, another year it was a podcast. We don’t know what it will be this year. We just know we will try, and offer, something new.
- Hire new talent. We believe that without an active recruitment strategy, a company doesn’t have a future. We will continue to seek, meet, and hire new talent that will bring new ideas, talents and perspectives to our team.
- Master a new social channel. You never know when a new social channel about to break through. But, when it does, you can bet we’ll join it. That’s because we believe that hands-on is the only way to master new tools and technology. Why else do you think we’re on Snapchat (besides keeping in touch with our children, nieces and nephews!).