7 Content Marketing Activities to Complete in January
January 3, 2018
New year, new everything. January is the right time to refresh your content marketing strategy. Here’s how:
- Update your buyer personas. Buyer personas, like the people they represent, should be ever evolving. This month, revisit your buyer personas. What still holds true? What’s changed based on 2017 sales data and social analytics?
- Reset your content calendar. Is Wednesday still the best day for your email newsletter? Is Twitter yielding results? Should you be blogging more? Make those adjustments now and then stick to them in 2018.
- Schedule your spontaneity. Okay, not really, but sort of. If you vowed to go live on Facebook in 2017 but never found just the right moment, plan ahead for 2018. Note the days, events, and themes that you’ll broadcast and then prepare!
- Clean up your podcasts. Are you still listening to the podcasts you subscribed to? Have you been meaning to subscribe to others? Take a few minutes and update your listening preferences. Why? Because you will become a podcaster in 2018! We just know it. And you need to be inspired.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. And then do it again in April, July, and October.
- Get on Snapchat. If you’re not on Snap, then you don’t understand a major consumer segment. Can you really afford to continue to claim ignorance?
- Revisit your tools. Is Hootsuite still working for you? Maybe it’s time to try Hopper. When was the last time you cleaned up your library in Meet Edgar? Have you tired Klear? Automate in January so your still going strong in May.